Your Trusted Slip and Fall Attorney in Johnson City TN
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Slip and Fall Accident?
If you slip or trip on an individual’s property, either at their home or business, it is important that you receive medical attention as soon as possible. While waiting for help, try your best to gather the following information about the slip and fall accident:
– Name of slip/trip victim(s)
– Meeting place; doctor’s office, hospital, etc. of reporter (the slip and fall injury report form should be used in filing slip and fall or personal injury claims) Feel free to use this slip and fall accident report form from our official website.
– Time slip/trip occurred. Be careful when measuring time because slips can happen in a span of a few seconds.
– Description of slip and fall scene: Where slip and fall took place (indoors/outdoors, store or home). What was on the floor?
– Take photographs of slip and fall scene as soon as possible after slip and fall takes place; photograph slip/trip victim(s) if safe to do so; photograph any items that may have contributed to slip and fall such as stains on floor, wetness, etc.; record witness information (names, phone numbers)
After filing a slip and fall accident report form with a slip and fall personal injury lawyer in Johnson City TN , it is helpful to gather copies of all medical records related to your slip and fall accident and contact your insurance company.
Free Case Consultation
Fill out the form below to receive your Free Case Consultation. We will be in contact within 24 hours of your submission.
How Does a Slip and Fall Lawyer Determine Liability?
When slip, trip, and fall personal injuries happen on public or private properties, slip and fall lawyers must carefully examine the slip and fall scene to determine who is at fault.
A slip and fall accident can occur due to a number of reasons. For example:
– Stairway slip accidents are most common among older individuals due to loss of balance related to medication side effects or sudden changes in health conditions; lack or absence of handrails can also cause stairway slip accidents.
– Slippery floor surfaces such as wood floors, tile floors, marble floors are common slip hazards that lead to slip and fall accidents particularly for senior citizens with weak bones/joints who have difficulty controlling their movements.
– Wet floor slip hazards are an obvious slip and fall accident cause. However, slip and fall accidents can also occur due to accumulation of dust or dirt on the floor surface, which is why it is important for slip and fall injuries not to go untreated.
After carefully inspecting slip and fall scenes, slip and fall lawyers determine who is liable for slip and fall accidents according to the following factors:
– Slip victims’ age at time of slip accident; if slip victim falls into protected class (elderly people), defendant will be held liable more often than if slip victim were a child/young adult.
– Location where slip accident took place. Was the area well lit? Was there signage near the area indicating that wet floor or other slip hazards existed?
– Condition of flooring; presence of liquids, grease, or other slip hazards on floor.
– Witnesses to the slip and fall accident. Do they have a story that backs up your account of the accident?
After considering all these factors, slip and fall lawyers can better assess whether or not an individual, company, municipality, or other entity is liable for slip and fall accidents.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Expect from a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
If you are successful in filing a slip and fall lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages for:
– Medical expenses related to slip and fall accident including ambulance transportation, hospital stays, surgery, physical therapy, prescription medications, and other treatments
– Lost wages due to slip and fall accident including time off from work, inability to return to work at all or in the same capacity as before the slip and fall accident occurred, and reduced earning capacity if future employment is affected
– Pain and suffering damages which take into account physical pain, emotional distress, inconvenience, scarring or disfigurement, and other non-monetary losses associated with slip and fall accident
– Funeral expenses or burial costs in cases of wrongful death slip and fall accidents
When meeting with personal injury lawyers for the first time, victims should be prepared to discuss their medical history in detail so that an accurate estimate of damages can be calculated.
How Long Does it Take to Settle a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
The length of time it takes to settle slip and fall lawsuits varies on a case-by-case basis.
Some slip and fall cases are resolved in as little as a few months, while others may take years to reach a settlement.
It is important to remember that the defendant has no legal obligation to offer a settlement, so victims should not be discouraged if their case takes longer than expected to resolve.
How Much Does a Slip and Fall Lawyer Charge?
Slip and fall lawyers typically work on a contingency fee basis which means they do not get paid until you receive a settlement or judgment in your favor.
This also means that you will not have to pay any legal fees unless your experienced personal injury attorney is successful in obtaining a settlement or judgment on your behalf.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to speak with a slip and fall attorney Johnson City TN as soon as possible to discuss your case. CDR Law is here to help. We offer free consultations so that you can find out whether or not we are the right law firm for you. Contact us today to get started!
Our slip and fall lawyers in Johnson City are here for you.
CDR Law offices is a slip and fall law firm with personal injury law expertise that has been helping victims of slip and fall accidents for years. We understand that going through a slip and fall accident can be difficult, both physically and emotionally. That is why we are here to help you every step of the way. If you have a Johnson City slip, contact our TN personal injury attorney today for legal advice and a free consultation.